Calmness


Assalamualaikum,

Last Saturday I went to my first Hajj Course by Tabung Haji. Me & FF has been planning to perform our hajj since last year. But I admit, that we have not been fully committed to it last year and so, we were kind of given an opportunity to do it this year. Insyallah, God willing, we will be able to go for Hajj this year.

"The Hajj (/hæ/;[1] Arabicحج‎ Ḥaǧǧ "pilgrimage") is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, and a mandatory religious duty for Muslims that must be carried out at least once in their lifetime by all adult Muslims who are physically and financially capable of undertaking the journey, and can support their family during their absence."   source from Wikipedia
When we arrived at the mosque, we got to know that there will be a Solat Jenazah before they start with the course. As I entered inside the mosque, I saw some people gathering looking into a room. I think that was where the enshrouding (kafan) of the body is. So anyway, the course started after the solat finished and the jenazah being taken away to be buried. Innalillah.

I feel real small inside the mosque with the so many people listening to the Hajj course. I feel like my knowledge of Islam is far less than these people here perhaps. I started looking at my feet, and realized that I was not wearing socks while majority of the women's feet are covered. Suddenly I started feeling insecure.

As the talk continued on, I realized that Hajj is the ultimate test. God will test you a lot especially in Arafah & Mina. The Ustaz said, the most important thing, among others, is Calmness. He said if you are calm, insyallah everything will be easy. In life, the most important is to be calm. I definitely agree. When you are calm, you become happy, you are content. I mostly feel that way now. I mean, life is life. You have things that bother you and all...with kids, sometimes they test your patience. But ultimately, what do you feel inside? How does your life feel right now?

Amidst the waves of life, feel the Calmness.





0 comments